Working Safely at Heights
Duration - 1 Day
The Work Safely at Heights course that has been structured to provide candidates with the necessary practical skills and theoretical understanding to undertake work at height on a broad range of structures and differing environments; as well as working safely in the vicinity of unprotected edges or on steep ground.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will gain knowledge of:
- Legislation and governance material relating to working at height
- What defines ’work at height’
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Control measures for working at height
- Categories for working at height (work restraint, work positioning, fall arrest)
- Legal requirements for equipment inspection and record keeping
- Compliance, strengths and characteristics of height safety equipment
- Legal necessity for provision for rescue capability.
- Correct inspection, fitting and adjustment of harness (including suspension in harness)
- Participation in SWMS to control risks for working at height
- Selection, setup and rigging of anchor straps and slings
- Pre-use inspection, installation and use of work restraint techniques
- Pre-use inspection and use of single/twin leg fall arrest lanyards
- Pre-use inspection, installation and use of fall arrest blocks/inertia reels.
- Pre-use inspection, installation and use of temporary horizontal safety lines
- Pre-use inspection, installation and use of height safety connectors
- Introduction to rescue using a pre-rigged workplace rescue system.
All successful candidates will receive a personalised ID card as proof of their training.